This article is published in collaboration with our key partner, Basico P/S.
When you experience challenges with your ERP-system, your first consideration will often be that it must be time for a replacement. But replacing an ERP-system should only be weighed when all other options are considered. There are several reasons for this:
ERP-systems typically affects the entire company, so the changes during a replacement will be massive.
It is very resource-consuming to replace the ERP–system both in terms of employees and financially.
ERP-systems typically has several integrations that needs to be redesigned during replacements.
Both customers and suppliers are usually affected.
Only few companies have the right internal resources to drive such a large and complex project.
An ERP-replacement project is therefore often a high-risk project, and RPA-software can commonly be the perfect alternative solution to your ERP-challenges.
Solve your ERP-challenges with Foxtrot RPA
In many cases, you can solve your ERP-challenges by implementing Foxtrot RPA to optimize the workflows and extend the life of your system. Whether you are using SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, or any other ERP-system, Foxtrot RPA will be able to automate processes in your business flows. Foxtrot RPA is especially useful in cases where you struggle with repetitive manual work and/or an overloaded workforce. It can be internal in the ERP-system, but also in cases where you need to move information between source systems and ERP-systems. Here, for example, Foxtrot RPA can eliminate the need for an expensive and complicated integration. Foxtrot RPA works directly through the UI using the mouse and keyboard in your ERP-system the same way as your human employees. There are also options in Foxtrot RPA to utilize API capabilities, programming power, and many other advanced features, but generally the software performs steps directly through the same application as anyone else in the organization.
The advantage of Foxtrot RPA is that you can complete all the same tasks with the same level of complexity handling and data analysis, just much faster than the average worker. And Foxtrot RPA can work constantly, so you can add processes to the library as long as the robot has extra capacity – 24/7, 365 days a year. The graphical interface and layout of Foxtrot RPA makes it intutive for all users to setup automation projects, allowing your business units to manage it without being depended on the IT-department, which significantly increases the agility and decreases costs.
Foxtrot RPA delivers significant benefits processes that:
Are rule-based, repetitive and digital
Are exposed to human error
Are medium to high volume
Have periodic or unpredictable peak periods
Require treatment outside normal office hours
Have a wait between process steps
Cannot carry a business case for ERP-system change
Are low priority for IT department
The benefits of using Foxtrot RPA with ERP
There are many advantages by using a robot in conjunction with your ERP-system:
1. No process- or system change: Foxtrot RPA will only perform the commands and actions in the same way that a human resource does it, unless otherwise set up. For example, it logs on, copies, switches system, inserts and approves; but the robot does it electronically, so no person needs to sit at the keyboard. Processes and systems therefore remain unchanged.
2. Quick implementation and high ROI: The implementation time is short, as Foxtrot RPA does not require changes in the systems or processes. The employee who normally performs the task can take care of the simple implementation. Alternatively, the education of some dedicated specialists in the business units can enable internal resources to act as super-users, which is an obvious benefit. The shorter implementation time, the higher ROI.
3. Scalable – both horizontally and vertically: Foxtrot RPA does not care about what system it works in. You can configure it to work exclusively in the ERP-system and perform many different types of tasks or work widely in several systems. Ultimately, it can carry out processes in other business systems such as productions systems, CRM-systems, etc. As long as Foxtrot RPA has enough capacity, you can complete tasks with it – 24/7, 365 days a year. And you can always scale your capacity simply by adding licenses to your suite.
4. You can start without initial Change Management: You don't have to worry too much about change management while initiating your initiative. This is not necessary in the organization, since the implementation of Foxtrot RPA does not change the processes or systems, unless you actively engage in re-engineering your workflow. Foxtrot RPA replaces the manual workload with automated scripts running through the same user interface and platforms as the employee(s), therefore, the existing governance and structure is maintained. But if you do process optimization in connection with the implementation, change management may be a necessity.
5. No programming required – high agility: Foxtrot RPA requires no programming. You can configure it through the most user-friendly graphical RPA interface in the market. Therefore, you are able to train both IT- and business resources to quickly learn to manage and own automation in your organization. Thus, they can work agile with effective implementation of new actions in the robot with continuous adjustments, if necessary.
6. Less error risk and integrated audit trail: Foxtrot RPA performs consistently and in the same way every time. So, after setting up a correct script, you minimize the risk of errors and increase transparency and in addition, you ensure the audit trail and documentation of the process. Of course, it is important to set up control mechanisms to ensure that the rules within the script work as intended – both in terms of quality and completeness.
Foxtrot RPA works with any ERP-system, whether it is a browser client or desktop client, and you can make use of it on any of your business processes. Here is a list of some of the typical ERP-systems:
How to get started
In collaboration with you, our global partners and resellers, will review your challenges and needs in the ERP- and/or other system(s). They will help you to identify and analyze your improvement opportunities within your organization. Through both workshops and courses of Foxtrot RPA, our global partners and resellers can help you solve your challenges in the ERP-system. Here, you will have the opportunity to work hands-on with Foxtrot RPA and thereby explore the many efficiency improvement potentials.